Saturday, April 6, 2013

It's Justin Timberlake's Fault!

Buy Sweet Cravings HERE
By Eva LeFoy

It’s Justin Timberlake’s fault I wrote a book about pastry!

Well, sort of.

I mean, it’s really the song’s fault, if you want to know the truth. Or, to back up a little further, it’s all Timbaland’s fault. Yep. No, I don’t normally listen to rap, and I only know of Justin Timberlake via the social media and news about who he’s dating. I’ve never purchased an album made by either of them. What happened though is I heard a song.

Back in the days of yore – before ABC cancelled my favorite soap opera, One Life to Live (that was a sad, sad day!) – I used to work out at the gym. And while I was there, I sometimes heard this song on the local radio:


The Way I Are, by Timbaland with Keri Hilson, D.O.E. and Sebastian


Now, I had no idea who these people were, but the tune was catchy and I found myself listening to it on YouTube over and over again. Why not? I know, I know, I’m getting to the pastry…

So then I figured, if I liked that song, maybe I’d like another of Timabland’s songs. I searched around on YouTube and after listening to a few duds (IMO!), I found this one: 

Carry Out by Timabland, with Justin Timberlake

Now, again, I don’t listen to rap, but the tune is catchy –and look at those pastries! No, I’m not talking about the half-naked girls! What I’m really getting at and what the artists are playing up with this video is the relationship between food and sex. It’s pretty evident in this video, if you see what I mean. Ahem.


Anyway, soon after viewing this my devilish brain went to work and came up with a sexy pastry chef and a girl with a sweet craving that needed to be satisfied. Put the two of them together, and viola! You have Sweet Cravings, my first book released from Decadent Publishing.

Now that you know how it all happened, aren’t you kind of hungry?

I am!

Here’s the blurb for Sweet Cravings:
Riding the waves of a sugar high, Violet Cunningham seduces the town’s newest pastry chef, slathering him with whipped cream in his secret kitchen. But all that is made of sugar melts, and her brazenness vanishes soon after their tryst, leaving her battling old insecurities about her waistline and appetites, courtesy of her mother. Positive she’s only made a fool of herself, she’s mortified when her boss sends her back to sexy Chef Max’s kitchen and into the proverbial frying pan.

After a red-hot date, her chef disappears, and Violet’s emotions simmer to a boil, forcing her to confront the awful truth: there’s more to life than pastry.

Oh, and by the way, a great film if you’re into food + sex is Tampopo, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092048/, the only Japanese movie where you can see a woman being tickled by a live crayfish on her belly. Yep, food and sex lends something significant to this oldie but goodie of a film. It’s subtitled, but keep in mind, food speaks a language of its own.

Bon appétit!

Eva

Bio: Eva Lefoy writes and reads all kinds of romance, and is a certified Trekkie. She’s also terribly addicted to chocolate, tea, and hiking. One of these days, she’ll figure out the meaning of life, quit her job, and go travel the galaxy. Until then, she’s writing down all her dirty thoughts for the sake of future explorers.

6 comments:

Alexa said...

Congratulations! Your book sounds....yummy!

Zee Monodee said...

Lol. I love Timbaland's style, and when he combined his genius with Justin, they worked magic! Yes, yes, I'm a fan... :)

Food and sex - definitely a sultry and 'natural' combination. Eager to see how you've exploited it in your book.

Anonymous said...

*gets out pom-poms*

Food and sex! Food and sex!

Heh. Well, you know.... it's got a long history I think. I mean, both have been around as long as mankind, no?

It's no wonder why the French take them both so seriously.

Taryn Kincaid said...

Yummo! (As Rachael Ray might say!)

Jessica E. Subject said...

Oh, the two together can be so much fun!

And yes, great music can inspire great stories, whether the lyrics, or a part of the music video.

Barbara Elsborg said...

Sounds fun and I love the cover!